Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Tour of my Back Yard -- Post 1

I have not had time for any outdoor adventures this week so I decided to walk around my property. I live on 10 acres located around three miles from Grand Marais, up on top of a glacially formed kame terrace. It rained early this morning, so I thought it would be interesting to capture the rain drops clinging to vegetation. As I slowly meandered my paths, I snapped off photos of anything that looked interesting. In an hour I took 198 photographs! Even after going through them, there were more than 40 that I thought captured the look and feeling of my property.  I'll post them over the next few days, beginning today.

Those of you who have followed my blog, have seen the mowed paths in the winter that double as my cross country ski trail.



Right after starting out, I saw the rain drops still clinging to the spruce needles.

The first of the wild flowers....

Rain drops on the branch...

More wild flowers...

I like the white, red, and green.....

I have at least 100 apple trees including many different varieties.  This is yet another great apple year.

In a few areas there are open meadows.

A close up of moss on a down tree.

A lonely drop.....










No comments:

Post a Comment