Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ishpeming Rock and Mineral Show

This past Saturday I had an outside booth at the Ishpeming show. The weather was hot and sticky in the morning, turning to a little bit of rain in the afternoon. Attendance and sales were down this year, but it was still well worth being there. Thanks to everyone who came by my booth to say hello. Thanks also to Jill Phillips, who helped me with the booth.

On the drive over to Ishpeming I captured this sunset from one of the rest areas just west of Christmas, MI.


I was touched by this family group hug.

A quiet couple watching the sunset.



My booth ... You can see Jill standing in the upper right.



I bought a lot of copper.  The guys find and buy copper nuggets and then tumble them.

A booth with hematite and jaspite book ends, among other things.

A shot of some of Jeff Anderson's agates for sale.

Jim Collins had some Fairburn agates from South Dakota.  Those in this case were not for sale.



A couple who said they are blog watchers came by to show me their  treasures.  Unfortunately, I cannot find where I may have written down your names.  Please send me a message so I can edit and add your names and home town later. 

Here is a cool seam agate they found up in the Keeweenaw.

This is the weirdest sagenite eye agate I think I have ever seen.












No comments:

Post a Comment