Friday, May 24, 2013

Setting Priorities

First of all, I have to apologize that the Gitche Gumee Museum will not be open this weekend.  Last night I received a phone call that prompted me to do something I never before have done.  My son called and said that there were some minor issues with my pregnant daughter-in-law and they were going to try to induce labor.  I immediately kicked things into gear and was up the hill within 45 minutes.  I left Grand Marais around 8:30 pm and for the first time in my life -- drove all night arriving at the hospital around 3:30 in the morning.  Things did not go well with the inducing, according to the doctors.  When I was less than 10 miles from the hospital, Jonathan called and said they were wheeling Jessica in for a C-section.

Keenen Patrick Brzys was born at 3:54 a.m.  I didn't get a chance to see my grandson for an hour or so after that.  Since he is early, he only weighs 5 pounds 3 ounces and is over 19 inches long.  Jess is a bit nautious and very tired, but is doing well.

Although I need to get some sleep, I just had to post a few pictures. 

First, a few pictures I took along US2....
 



 
 
Jonathan was holding Keenen when I walked into the room.
 
 
My turn....
 
 
The baby's temperature was a little bit low, so the nurse had me place him under the heat light.  Jonathan is great at bonding. 
 
 
Jess was still recovering and was not yet up to nursing, so the hospital staff had Jonathan feed Keenen.  First bottle....
 




 Welcome to the world, Keenen.



 
MUSEUM SCHEDULE FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Before I left Grand Marais, I checked with a few people to see if they could work the museum this weekend while I am down state.  No one can Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  There is a chance that Jill will be back from her Memorial Day Weekend travels in time to work Monday from 2-5pm.  I'll be back at the museum on Tuesday.
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Karen - and to Jonathan and Jessica, as well!!! We are so happy for all of you and Keenan (great name) is just precious! Great job! Love, Jamey & Lois

    ReplyDelete