Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wisconsin Agate Collection Crawl -- Post 3

I still have a lot of photos to catch up with regarding blog postings.  Before the Hawaii trip, I had started posting photos of agate collections I took while in Wisconsin.  I'll post the rest of those photos today.


 First, a large slab of plume agate from (if I remember correctly) -- Oregon.


Eye agates...


The lid to an agate box....

 

The agate slab below is one of the most complex I have ever seen.


 
 Moss agate...


Ocean Jasper....

 
Weird botryoidal formation....
 

Lake Superior agates....




Ocean Jasper...

 

Another jasper...


 
 Australian print rock...


Beautiful fortification agate.  I believe it is Laguna....


An opalized specimen from Australia...


I believe the specimen below is called tire track jasper...


Another Australian opal...


Australian Agate Creek agates....


One of the many rock displays / collections at one of our stops....

No comments:

Post a Comment