Friday, May 17, 2013

Traverse City Visit

After Hawaii I stayed with my son and daughter-in-law for a few days to help them get ready for and hold a "baby shower."  This was not a typical shower since it was more a gathering of friends and family.  A good time was had by all.  My first grandchild is due in the next few weeks.  I cannot wait.

After leaving their house, I drove half way home and visited with friends in Traverse City.  Thanks to Lynnette and Joan for a great time.  We hung out and had a beach fire that evening.  It was a very photogenic night.  They live just northwest of town on a stretch of land between Grand Traverse Bay and Cedar Lake..

The view across Cedar Lake...



Bon fire....


We were cleaning the shoreline and found a local resident...


Others swam by....









The next day we went morrel mushroom hunting over near Beulah -- unfortunately with no success.  The trilliums were out, however.


A coast guard station along the shore...


Last year the levels of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron were the lowest in recorded history.  As you can see below, the Lake Michigan level is still very low.

 

Lake Michigan also has sand dunes along its shore, just as Lake Superior.


One of the harbors....


 
 Then I headed home....



2 comments:

  1. Karen, when you were between Cedar Lake and Grand Traverse Bay, you were in Leelanau County! Your photos of Leelanau are as lovely as the ones you take in and around Grand Marais.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.J.: I was in TC a week ago Monday. I am still trying to catch up with all the photos I've taken the last few weeks. Thanks for the positive comment. I enjoy sharing my photos.

      Delete