Saturday, May 19, 2012

First Creek Lake Superior Sunset -- Post 1

Yesterday I spent most of the day at the museum. I did more cleaning and then I put the gift shop back together. Now I am ready for the season opening today.  I'll be at the museum from noon to 5pm.

After eating dinner last night, I could tell that the sunset was going to be interesting, so I drove over to First Creek.  Today I will post the first half of the pictures; tomorrow I'll post the rest.

On the way down my driveway, I caught a couple pictures of the apple trees in bloom.  It appears that the trees have suffered some frost damage since the number of apple blossoms is much less than normal.




Just before the turn at Sable Falls, I pulled over to the side of the road and caught this sunset photo...


A little farther down the road, I caught another shot....


After parking at First Creek, I caught a few shots while descending the first half of the stairway.






The second half of the steps...


Then down to the beach...


This next three shots were taken as I approached the area that First Creek normally enters Lake Superior.




Here is First Creek -- or where it usually is.


You don't find water until you walk more than 100 feet from Lake Superior.  This is more evidence of the lack of rain.  When I was a kid, my dad would fish this creek.

Sunset on a calm evening...


No comments:

Post a Comment