Monday, May 14, 2012

Marquette Photos

I did not get to post a blog update this morning. Sorry about that to all of you regular followers. I could not get a wifi signal at my friend's house and then Helen and I headed out to go hiking. After hiking I ran errands in Marquette and then headed home.  Now I can finally get to the update.....

First, I will post the remaining pictures taken at the Superior Dome during the TV6 art show. Before opening my booth, I walked around for a few minutes to get the shots. The show went OK -- better than last year.

Cute...


My neighbor in Grand Marais, Deb Hoffenburger, had a booth at the show, too.


I like the name of this artist's wood art...


Names, names, and more names...


Thanks to Shawn Malone, local photographer in Marquette, for sending TV6 cameras over to my booth.  I was interviewed and I guess it made the 11pm news, but I didn't get a chance to see it.


Helen and I wanted to hike up to the top of Hogback Mountain.  The route we took is shown on the map below.  The green highlight was our hike up to the top.  The red highlight marks our descent and walk along the road back to our car.


We were told by friends to head up the Harlow Lake Pathway.  That got us there, but it was a rugged trail.  We found out later that everyone walks up the trail that we went down.


Like I said -- it was rugged.


About half way up we saw the top.  It is in the center of the photo below.



There were lots of butterflies.


An underwater scene in one of the creeks.


Wild flowers...


There is rock everywhere, most of which is granite.


The ferns are beautiful this time of year.


This is the last stretch we had to climb before getting to the summit.  If you look close you can see some glacial scrapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment