Saturday, February 7, 2015

School Forest Ski

Yesterday it was a bit warmer with temperatures in the mid teens, but with the wind chill it still felt like single digits.  I have continued going through the boxes of things that have been in storage for over 15 years.  Since I have not looked through these boxes and bins for that length of time, I may as well sell some of the things.  There is more than I remembered.  I have certainly found a few treasures.  There are so many things that I have decided I need to create a data base.  Today I will start doing just that before I get to the other half of the bins. 

To keep our exercise routine going, Lois and I headed out to ski in the school forest yesterday.  Supposedly they are supposed to groom every Tuesday and Friday.  Well, that does not seem to be the case -- it was not groomed.  So we just skied down the road on the snowmobile tracks.



Lois on skies...
 

There is one home that is occupied in the winter that must be accessed through the school forest.  I didn't get the camera turned on in time, but this vehicle has tank-like treads that allows it to drive through deep snow.  Lois wants to drive it....
 

There is a bit of slush showing through the Sucker River...



No comments:

Post a Comment